- The ACM-W UK seeks to empower, encourage and support individuals from diverse backgrounds – through programs, internships, conferences, webinars, talks and social events – to get the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to pursue a successful career in computing, in both academia and industry.
- The ACM-W UK connects individuals working in field of computing and encourages interdisciplinary and international research and cooperation.
- The ACM-W UK fosters public awareness and understanding of computing as a science that works for the public good and educates and inspires both computing professionals and the public through sharing cutting-edge ideas and scientific breakthroughs in the field of computer science.
- One of the key objectives of ACMW UK is to facilitate Computing education to girls and young women by offering support and creating avenues for enhancing learning experiences. This inititive will also extend to young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, for whom social mobility continues to be perceived as a challenge. By bridging gaps between computing education and workplace requirements and by showcasing the inter-disciplinary facet of Computing, ACMW UK also aims at bringing together professionals from diverse backgrounds with a shared sense of purpose.
- Our vision is to support, celebrate and advocate for the full engagement of women in all aspects of the computing field. We provide a wide range of programs and services to ACM members and the public, and increase public awareness about the contribution of women to computing and related fields.