ACM W UK supports the idea of equal opportunities for women of different backgrounds in pursuing successful careers in computing in both academia and industry.
ACM-W UK will work to fulfill the ACM-W mission in Europe.
Its main goals are to:
- Promote the image of computing;
- Raise awareness of the importance of women being in the computing profession;
- Make women aware of career options in computing;
- Promote new ways of facing the challenges of the next generation of women in computing;
- Establish partnerships with similar existing organisations in Europe for appropriate activities;
- Increase participation of women in senior level positions of ACM and its conferences;
- Provide a platform for sharing resources, ideas and experiences;
- Work with the UK, EU, the European Commission on programmes related women in computing.